Sunday, May 19, 2013

Old Friends

    This passed Friday I had the wonderful pleasure of getting to see my friend Meaghan.  Not only did I just get to see her but I saw her in one of our favorite places, Bayou La Batre.  Meg was my leader for my Winter Immersion trip there three years ago, and it was one of those turning points in my life.  I look up to Meg, as I do to most of the class of 2010. As I was sitting with her in a Mexican restaurant with a group of students she is facilitating on a similar trip, I had the joy of seeing her impact their lives just like she did mine. We tried to catch up as much as possible through the karaoke songs, our dinner, and the many of line dances. One of the greatest beauties of this evening was realizing I did not need to explain nor did she with so many things, they could just be spoken with our eyes or a humble smile.  Peace filled my heart as I did not need to explain myself, there is a beauty in having friends you have known you for a long time.  It is like an aged wine, it only gets better with time.  Her group of students was truly special and filled with heart.  It was most certainly one of the better nights and fulfilling I have had in a while. Thank you Rosemont for a great night.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment